Accepted Insurance Plans
Cooley Dickinson Hospital accepts most major types of health insurance. Please also read the important information below about insurances accepted.
Important Medicaid Redetermination Update
Medicaid (MassHealth in Massachusetts) has maintained members’ coverage and benefits due to continuous coverage requirements that started during the COVID-19 emergency. Starting April 1, Medicaid will return to its normal annual renewal process. If Medicaid has enough information to confirm your eligibility, your coverage will be renewed automatically. If Medicaid is not able to confirm your eligibility automatically, you will receive a renewal form in a blue envelope to the mailing address that is on file.
To avoid disruption in coverage, please visit your state’s website to ensure Medicaid has your most current information.
Important information about insurance accepted
- There is a difference between an insurance provider and an insurance plan. An insurance provider is the insurance company. An insurance plan is offered by an insurance provider who makes available specific benefits for each plan. There are often many insurance plans offered by one insurance provider.
- You should always check with our own health insurance provider before getting care to make sure you understand your covered benefits and costs.
- The insurance providers and plans listed below are accepted by Cooley Dickinson Hospital and the physicians who work for our hospital. This list is not exhaustive because not all plans are listed. There are also physicians who are affiliated with but do not work for our hospital.
- Many insurance plans are now considered “tiered” plans and have different levels of costs depending on where you go for care. The information below may be used as a reference, but it is important that you check with your own health insurance provider to see what level of coverage you will receive at a specific hospital. Even if you see your insurance provider or plan listed below, additional referrals or authorizations may be required. Some services may not be covered by your insurance plan. The level of coverage provided to you as a part of your insurance plan is determined by your insurance provider.
- Also, many health insurance plans may use other companies to cover certain services such as behavioral health (mental health) or transplant-related services. Please contact your health insurance provider or employer to address specific questions.
- If your health insurance provider or plan is not listed below, please contact your insurance provider to find out for sure what coverage may be available to you.
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Allways (Neighborhood Health Plan) HMO & PPO
- Beacon Health Options
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- BMC HealthNet
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance Senior Care Options
- Consolidated Health Plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Health New England
- HNE Medicare Advantage
- Meritain/North America Preferred
- Northeast Direct Health
- NPPN (Plan Vista)
- Tufts Medicare Advantage
- Tufts Public Plans
- United AARP Medicare Advantage Plan PPO
- United Behavioral Health
- United Healthcare
- USFHP (US Family Health Plan)