Are you at risk for developing type 2 diabetes? Did you know it is possible to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes? A Diabetes Educator from the Cooley Dickinson Medical Group Diabetes Center will discuss diabetes prevention.
You are at increased risk for type 2 diabetes if you have:
- A history of diabetes during pregnancy
- A strong family history of diabetes
- Been diagnosed with prediabetes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) or Metabolic Syndrome
- Insulin resistance
- Metabolic Syndrome (weight gain, high blood pressure, low HDL cholesterol, and high triglycerides)
- Health eating
- Physical Activity
- Blood glucose testing
Free glucose meters will be provided. The course runs from 6-8 pm.
Upcoming course dates:
For more information, contact 888-554-4CDH (4234).
When June 5, 2018
22 Atwood Drive
Diabetes Center Waiting Room
Northampton, MA 01060