An introduction to infant care and feeding, especially what to expect in the first hours, days, and weeks after birth. Infant feeding will be discussed to allow parents to make informed decisions regarding their feeding preferences. There will be a focus on breast/chest feeding and all questions on infant feeding choices are welcome.
- Newborn procedures done during your time at the Childbirth Center
- Calming infants: swaddling, sleep, etc.
- Taking care of yourselves
- Setting up reliable support systems
- The first moments of feeding your baby after birth
- The importance of a good latch/positioning
- Creating milk volume/supply
- Breastfeeding/chestfeeding duration and frequency
Please note: If you have signed up for any of the Basics of CBE and Relaxation for Birth Virtual classes, this class is the final class in that series.
An ideal one night class for first-time parents and experienced parents alike, with time for questions. Offered via Zoom.
Tuesdays, 6 – 8 pm | Fee: $55
- February 13
- April 2
- May 21
- July 9
- August 27
- September 15
- November 10
When February 13, 2024
Via Zoom (link will be emailed once you register)