Chaplaincy, Spiritual & Pastoral Care
Your body isn’t the only thing that makes you who you are, and we recognize that it’s not the only thing that needs care. Our hospital is filled with just as much emotion as it is with charts, medicines and machines, and though more and more these things seem to make up the lion’s share of what we perceive as health care, many of us believe that the health of the spirit is equally important. Some of the most significant events in people’s lives take place here, from the joy of birth to the grief at the end of life, to the difficulties of adjusting to lifestyle changes that are often necessitated by the extreme injuries or serious illnesses that have brought people here.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care retains an Interfaith Support Team that is here to provide spiritual care to patients, families, staff and volunteers, and are here to help with issues including:
- Grief/bereavement/loss issues
- Emotional distress, anxiety or discomfort
- Coping with a new diagnosis of serious illness
- Feelings of isolation with no nearby family and friends
- A desire for prayer, blessing or other comfort from a familiar tradition
Chaplains are available by staff page or by calling either the 2869 or 5145 extension.