Hampshire HealthConnect helps uninsured and underinsured people access health coverage through the Massachusetts Health Connector. We are a program offered by Cooley Dickinson Hospital. We offer a walk-in, first-come, first-serve service. Walk-in slots are limited. Please note: Registration for walk-in sessions begins 30 minutes before the start of a session, 8:30 am for the 9 am session and 12:30 pm for the 1 pm session. If you are turned away due to a walk-in session being full, please return at another session.
- Assistance completing applications for MassHealth, Health Connector, and Health Safety Net (formerly known as free care)
- Physician Network applications for primary and specialty care
- MassHealth Disability Applications
- Eligibility Reviews
- Local pharmacies that offer discount medications
- Community Health Centers for both medical and dental services
- Other local human service agencies such as WIC, SHINE, Western Mass Legal Services, Department of Transitional Assistance
The Physician Network program is available to Hampshire County residents who do not qualify for state healthcare programs and have no other access to health insurance. It is not an insurance program but the network offers its members medical services and procedures on a sliding-scale fee.
What to Bring
Please be sure to bring verification of all applicable items:
- Citizenship/Immigration: U.S. Birth Certificate/Passport; Department of Homeland Security-issued or Foreign Government-issued immigration document
- Identity: Either a Government-issued photo ID or Birth Certificate and Social Security card
- Income: Last two pay stubs; recent tax return; Social Security benefit statement; or Unemployment benefit statement
- Access to other Insurance: If you have access to health insurance through Medicare, COBRA, or an employer, please bring all related insurance information with you as it is required on the application.
Please Note: If you require assistance with Medicare, please contact Social Security or your local senior center. Feel free to call if you have questions, 413-582-2848. We make every attempt to return voicemails within 48 hours. You can also visit Cooley Dickinson’s Financial Services Page.