Important Medicaid Redetermination Update: Medicaid (MassHealth in Massachusetts) had maintained members’ coverage and benefits due to continuous coverage requirements that started during the COVID-19 emergency. As of April 1, 2023, Medicaid has returned to its normal annual renewal process. If Medicaid has enough information to confirm your eligibility, your coverage will be renewed automatically. If Medicaid is not able to confirm your eligibility automatically, you will receive a renewal form in a blue envelope to the mailing address that is on file. To avoid disruption in coverage, please visit your state’s website to ensure Medicaid has your most current information.
Financial Counseling at Cooley Dickinson Hospital (formerly Hampshire HealthConnect) helps uninsured and underinsured people access health coverage through the Massachusetts Health Connector.
- Assistance completing and updating applications for MassHealth, Health Connector, and Health Safety Net (formerly known as free care)
- MassHealth Disability applications
- Eligibility reviews
- Community Health Centers for both medical and dental services
- Other local human service agencies such as WIC, SHINE, Western Mass Legal Services, Department of Transitional Assistance
Schedule an Appointment with a Financial Counselor
We look forward to meeting you. Here is what you should know to make an appointment:
Appointments are available for people 65 years old and older, and under certain circumstances. We look forward to meeting you.
When you visit us for your appointment, there are some important documents you should bring with you. Here is a list of what we will need to assist you (please be sure to bring verification of all applicable items):
- Citizenship/Immigration: U.S. Birth Certificate/Passport; Department of Homeland Security-issued or Foreign Government-issued immigration document
- Identity: Either a Government-issued photo ID or Birth Certificate and Social Security card
- Income: Last two pay stubs; recent tax return; Social Security benefit statement; or Unemployment benefit statement
- Access to other Insurance: If you have access to health insurance through Medicare, COBRA, or an employer, please bring all related insurance information with you as it is required on the application.
- Proof of residency such as a current utility bill.
Please Note: If you require assistance with Medicare, please contact Social Security or your local senior center. Feel free to call us at 413-582-2848, if you you have questions.
We make every attempt to return voicemails within 48 hours. For more information, you can also visit Cooley Dickinson’s Financial Services Page.