Your Care Team
Patients and members of their families often have fear and anxiety about a cancer diagnosis. The teams of doctors, nurses, and support staff who work at the Mass General Cancer Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital are available to help you in a variety of ways.
To make sure you get the treatment and support you need, our multidisciplinary team will tailor a program specifically for you. To schedule an appointment, call 413-582-2900. To reach our Radiation Oncology department, call 413-582-2107.
Nurse navigators meet with newly diagnosed patients to assist with access issues, coordinate appointments, and assist with referrals to community resources.
Palliative Care Program
As palliative care providers, we support both patients who are facing serious illness and their families. Reducing stress and pain, coordinating care and enhancing your quality of life are among our primary concerns.
Goals for care are to:
- Help you become more comfortable by actively treating your pain and distress
- Understand your goals and help you reach them; spending meaningful time with your family; regaining your quality of life
- Communicate clearly with you, your family, and your doctors to reduce stress
- Help coordinate your care.
For a referral to palliative care, speak with your medical oncologist or nurse.
Oncology Social Work
Oncology social workers are licensed mental health professionals who provide support for issues that affect you and your family during cancer diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Oncology social workers also provide access to local community resources, such as assistance with transportation or referrals to area support programs. Oncology social workers understand that a cancer diagnosis impacts people physically and emotionally, and the effects of cancer go beyond the person with the diagnosis.
Here are a few ways we can help:
• Provide emotional support to people with cancer and their families and caregivers
• Assist with decision-making, problem-solving, coordination, and adaptation to complex issues related to health care needs
• Educate patients and families about cancer and treatments, and offer resources for support
• Discuss quality of life decisions in coordination with a patient’s treatment goals.
• Provide counseling, education, information, and referrals to community resources, including support groups
• Work as a liaison between a patient with cancer and his or her medical team
For more information, call 413-582-2396.
Mass General Cancer Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital Administration
• Kelly A. Noonan, Practice Administrator • Caitlyn Lundberg, Director of Operations • Jennifer LeDoux, RN, Nurse Manager
Medical Oncology Physicians
• Lindsay Rockwell, DO, Medical Director • Barrett Newsome, DO, Medical Oncologist • Deborah Smith, MD, Medical Oncologist • Orion Howard, MD, Medical Oncologist/Hematologist • Qiang Nai, MD, PHD, MPH, Medical Oncologist
Palliative Care Physician
• Paul Jodka, MD, FCCP
• Margaret Scott, PA-C; • Sara Lacasse, PA
• Glenda Flynn, NP
• Becky Puchalski, RN
• Samantha Bang, RN
• Nooni Hammarlund, RN
• Daika Diefendorf, RN
• Lisa Martensson, RN
• Tara Connolly, Charge Nurse • Samantha Bang, RN • Paul Grace, RN • Karen Gunther-Nesbitt, RN • Nooni Hammarlund, RN • Susan McHugh, RN • Karen Zononi, RN • Abigail Macutkiewicz, RN
Radiation Oncology Nurse
• Marie Robina Doherty, RN
RN Palliative Nurse
• Kristine Martin
Medical Assistants (Radiation Oncology)
• Mary Aiken • Sabine Roskey
Medical Assistants (Medical Oncology)
• Karin Vosseler (Lead MA) • Olivia Coffey • Marni Giss • Meagan Dunne • Cindy Alamed • Synya Nazario
Radiation Oncology Patient Care Coordinators
• Lead PCC Sandi Ferrendino • Josh Murray
Medical Oncology Patient Care Coordinators
• Lead PCC Sarah Shevlin • Coleen Diemand • Jenny Malinowski • Donna Canoa • Amanda Willemain
• Kathleen Dion
• Rebecca Houlihan
• David Stratton
• Dana Mulvaney, Chief Therapist • Jay Laduke, Lead Radiation Therapist
• Kathryn Drug • Megan Forrest • Danielle Peirolo • Kathleen Fraser
• Ningsheng Zhu
• Andrew Durocher
• Roxanne Lock • Lauren Soules