Your Care Team
Patients and members of their families often have fear and anxiety about a cancer diagnosis. The teams of doctors, nurses, and support staff who work at the Mass General Cancer Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital are available to help you in a variety of ways.
To make sure you get the treatment and support you need, our multidisciplinary team will tailor a program specifically for you. To schedule an appointment, call 413-582-2900. To reach our Radiation Oncology department, call 413-582-2107.
In her role as the nurse navigator at the Mass General Cancer Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Becky Puchalski, RN, helps those who are newly diagnosed with cancer understand their diagnosis and treatment options. When someone is diagnosed, Becky and her colleagues provide individualized care from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. Nurse navigators meet with newly diagnosed patients to assist with access issues, coordinate appointments, and assist with referrals to community resources.
Palliative Care Program
As palliative care providers, we support both patients who are facing serious illness and their families. Reducing stress and pain, coordinating care and enhancing your quality of life are among our primary concerns.
Goals for care are to:
- Help you become more comfortable by actively treating your pain and distress
- Understand your goals and help you reach them; spending meaningful time with your family; regaining your quality of life
- Communicate clearly with you, your family, and your doctors to reduce stress
- Help coordinate your care.
For a referral to palliative care, speak with your medical oncologist or nurse.
Oncology Social Work
Oncology social workers are licensed mental health professionals who provide support for issues that affect you and your family during cancer diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Oncology social workers also provide access to local community resources, such as assistance with transportation or referrals to area support programs. Oncology social workers understand that a cancer diagnosis impacts people physically and emotionally, and the effects of cancer go beyond the person with the diagnosis.
Here are a few ways we can help:
• Provide emotional support to people with cancer and their families and caregivers
• Assist with decision-making, problem-solving, coordination, and adaptation to complex issues related to health care needs
• Educate patients and families about cancer and treatments, and offer resources for support
• Discuss quality of life decisions in coordination with a patient’s treatment goals.
• Provide counseling, education, information, and referrals to community resources, including support groups
• Work as a liaison between a patient with cancer and his or her medical team
For more information, call 413-582-2396.
Mass General Cancer Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital Administration
• Kelly A. Noonan, Practice Manager • Caitlyn Lundberg, Director of Operations • Jennifer LeDoux, RN, Nurse Manager
• Lindsay Rockwell, DO, Medical Oncologist, Medical Director, Mass General Cancer Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital •Teresa Boyle, MD, Radiation Oncologist • Dhara MacDermed, MD, Medical Director, Radiation Oncology • Barrett Newsome, DO, Medical Oncologist • Deborah Smith, MD, Medical Oncologist, • Orion Howard, MD, Medical Oncologist/Hematologist • Mahesh Pandey, MD, Interim Medical Oncologist/Hematologist
• Margaret Scott, PA-C
Medical Oncology Clinical Coordinators
• Becky Puchalski, RN
• Samantha Bang, RN
• Susan Baird • Willow Cohen • Karen Gunther-Nesbitt • Tara Connolly • Michelle Rogalski • Karen Zononi • Nooni Hammarlund • Candi St. Jean • Cortney Sullivan • Paul Grace • Jacqueline Emond • Samantha Bang
• Karin Vosseler • Victoria Jarosz • Karina Rodriguez • Nikita Lindsay
Patient Care Coordinators
• Coleen Diemand • Sandy Ferrendino • Asha Khanna • Lynn Jarry • Tori Murphy • Sarah Shevlin • Sarah Heckman • Kristin Malone
• Tony Nogueira • Jagoda Misniakiewicz
• Michelle Moniz • Rebecca Houlihan
• Dana Mulvaney, Lead Therapist • Sara Agan • Kate Frazer • Megan Forrest • Danielle Peirolo
• Ningsheng Zhu