Children are not little adults. Cooley provides quality health care tailored to the needs of children in the community, such as:
- communications that are clear to both them and their family
- specially designed medications and equipment
- kid-friendly and nurturing environments
- compassionate providers specially trained to meet kids’ needs
- affordable high-quality care in their community.
Radiology, Imaging & Labs: For diagnoses with kids and teens in mind.
The Pediatric Surgery program in the Kittredge Surgery Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital has a strong community commitment, an up-to-date surgical facility and highly trained pediatric practitioners. What that means is:
- exceptional patient-centered care in a highly skilled and nurturing environment.
- experts providing comprehensive surgical services in a fully modern operative suite.
- a friendly, warm and comforting environment, keeping children with their families as much as possible throughout the process of undergoing a procedure.
Surgeries we perform include but are not limited to:
- ENT procedures including adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, myringotomy tubes
- General Surgery procedures like appendectomy
- Orthopedic surgeries
- Dental Procedures
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
Pediatric Emergency Services
Cooley Dickinson Hospital’s Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, staffed by responsive, compassionate medical professionals. Pediatric Hospitalists are available to immediately consult on infants, children, and adolescents in the Emergency Department as needed.
Pediatric rehab services are available at our 8 Atwood Drive location. Our pediatric rehabilitation programs include:
Giving birth to a child is an intensely personal experience. The Cooley Dickinson Childbirth Center is a welcoming, family-friendly place where we respect your preferences and offer a variety of support options. Our team of obstetrician-gynecologists, nurses, pediatricians, certified nurse midwives and support staff are extremely compassionate and nurturing.Learn More