Children are not little adults. Kids need health care tailored to their needs, such as:
- Communications that are clear to both them and their family
- Specially designed medications and equipment
- Kid-friendly and nurturing environments
- Compassionate providers specially trained to meet kids’ needs
- Affordable high-quality care in their community.
Cooley cares for kids, providing tailored quality health care in their community. If you would like to support pediatric services at Cooley Dickinson, please visit our Cooley Cares for Kids page.
Cooley’s Pediatric Unit West 2 is open, welcoming admissions for basic problems that should be treated in our community, by our community. Our unit features:
- Specially trained Pediatric Hospitalists providing 24-hour, 7 days a week medical care.
- Pediatric-trained nurses and Specialists to complete the care team.
- Inclusion of Primary Care Physicians in care and discharge planning.
- A Pediatric Treatment Room serving as a safe space for patients during procedures.
- A Pediatric Resource Room dedicated to pediatric supplies and up-to-date resources.
- Décor including wall hangings promoting a kid-friendly, welcoming atmosphere.
- A friendly Play Room with brand new toys.
Pediatric Day Care: Infusions/Injections
Kids may need an infusion (medicine or fluid given by IV) for special medical conditions such as those treated by Cardiologists, Gastroenterologists, Immunologists and Rheumatologists to name a few. Since the procedure may take hours, our Day Care unit provides kids with a family-friendly space to have the infusion.
Radiology, Imaging & Labs
For diagnoses with kids and teens in mind.
Kittredge Surgery Center
The Pediatric Surgery program at Cooley Dickinson Hospital has a strong community commitment, an up-to-date surgical facility and highly trained pediatric practitioners. What that means is:
- Exceptional patient-centered care in a highly skilled and nurturing environment.
- Experts providing comprehensive surgical services in a fully modern operative suite.
- A friendly, warm and comforting environment, keeping children with their families as much as possible throughout the process of undergoing a procedure.
Surgeries we perform include but are not limited to:
- ENT procedures including adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, myringotomy tubes
- General Surgery procedures like appendectomy
- Orthopedic surgeries
- GI Procedures like endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Dental Procedures
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
Pediatric Emergency Services:
Cooley Dickinson Hospital’s Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, staffed by responsive, compassionate medical professionals. Pediatric Hospitalists are available to immediately consult on infants, children, and adolescents in the Emergency Department as needed. Our commitment to pediatric care is strong. Cooley Dickinson Chief Medical Officer Dr. Estevan Garcia, is also a pediatrician boarded in Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Pediatric rehab services are available at our 8 Atwood Drive location. Our pediatric rehabilitation programs include:
Giving birth to a child is an intensely personal experience. The Cooley Dickinson Childbirth Center is a welcoming, family-friendly place where we respect your preferences and offer a variety of support options. Our team of obstetrician-gynecologists, nurses, pediatricians, certified nurse midwives and support staff are extremely compassionate and nurturing.Learn More