Urgent Care in Amherst
Friday, December 9th – The office will be closed from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care is a walk-in center, providing urgent care with no appointment necessary. This center serves adults and children 18 months and older and offers daytime, evening, and weekend walk-in hours seven days a week (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas). Treatment includes non-life-threatening minor illnesses and injuries with skill, compassion, and efficiency. X-Ray/radiology and laboratory services are also available on site.
While no appointment is necessary, if you have a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, or respiratory symptoms (such as sore throat, stuffy nose, cough, shortness of breath, etc) we do ask that you call ahead at 413-582-4400, option 2.
Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care offers virtual visits for treatment of non-life-threatening illnesses.
Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care serves community members ages 18 months and up. Onsite radiology services are available weekdays. Lab and imaging services are also available on-site, including blood tests, x-rays and more.
In addition, Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care also offers routine health care services such as sports and camp physicals and access to Occupational Medicine services, including DOT physicals and drug screening exams. For more information, call 413-582-4400.
Insurance: Cooley Dickinson Health Care is contracted with most major insurance companies. Please check with your carrier to determine whether a referral or preauthorization is required.
Urgent Care Billing at Partners HealthCare
Urgent Care services are available at multiple Partners HealthCare locations.
The billing information below does not apply to Urgent Care services provided at centers named “Partners Urgent Care” located in Boston and surrounding communities.
How Urgent Care Billing May Affect Me
Since the locations listed below are not considered by health insurance plans to be Urgent Care Centers, your co-payment benefits for urgent care services typically will not apply. Instead, your visit to these locations will likely be billed either as a physician office visit or a hospital outpatient visit.
Physician Office Locations
Urgent Care services provided at the following Partners HealthCare locations are typically billed to your health insurance plan as a physician or nurse practitioner office visit:
- Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care, Northampton, MA
- Harbor Medical Associates Urgent Care, South Weymouth, MA
- North Shore Urgent Care, Danvers, MA
- Pentucket Medical ExpressCare Andover, MA • Lawrence, MA
- Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care, Amherst, MA
- AEIOU (Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care), Greenfield, MA
- Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care Virtual Visits
Hospital Outpatient Locations
Urgent Care services provided at the following Partners HealthCare locations are typically billed to your health insurance plan as a hospital outpatient visit:
- Brigham and Women’s Urgent Care Center, Foxborough, MA
- Newton-Wellesley Urgent Care Center—Waltham, Waltham, MA
- Massachusetts General Hospital Chelsea HealthCare Center Urgent Care, Chelsea, MA
- Massachusetts General Hospital Medical Walk-In Unit, Boston, MA
Understanding Whether My Urgent Care Visit Takes Place at a Physician Office or a Hospital Outpatient Center
You can find information about whether your visit is a physician office or hospital outpatient visit in notices in our waiting rooms, on the websites of our hospitals and physician groups, and in this guide.
Payment Responsibility for Urgent Care Services at the Locations Listed in This Guide
For physician office locations:
- Urgent Care services are typically billed as a physician or nurse practitioner visit, and your out-of-pocket costs are usually limited to the co-payment required by your health insurance plan.
- We will request your co-payment when you check in for the visit.
For hospital outpatient locations:
- Your out-of-pocket costs for the physician or nurse practitioner visit are usually limited to the co-payment required by your health insurance plan. We will request your co-payment when you check in for the visit.
- You will also be billed for what is commonly known as a “facility fee” for use of the hospital space, equipment, and support staff.
- Your health insurance plan may apply these hospital fees to your annual deductible, and after you have paid your deductible in full, you may be billed for a co-insurance payment.
- We will send you a bill if there is any unpaid balance after we receive payment for your visit from your health insurance plan.
Referrals and Prior Authorizations
For both physician office visits and hospital outpatient visits, your health insurance plan may require you to get a referral or authorization. In addition, Partners HealthCare providers may be considered “In Network” or “Out of Network” depending on the specifics of your health insurance plan, which could affect the amount you pay.
Billing for Procedures Performed During the Visit
No matter the location, if a procedure is performed during the visit, you may have further out-of-pocket costs for additional physicians’ services and for use of the hospital facilities and staff, even if the procedure was performed in the same exam room as the visit with the physician. Your health insurance plan may apply these additional physician and hospital charges to your annual deductible, and after you have paid your deductible in full, you may be responsible for an additional co-insurance payment.
Laboratory and Imaging Services
If your physician ordered laboratory tests or imaging services (such as X-ray, CT or MRI), you will be billed for these tests by the hospital, clinical laboratory, or imaging center, and you may also be billed for the services of the physicians (usually pathologists and radiologists) who interpreted the test results.
Special Notice for Medicare Patients
If you are a Medicare beneficiary and your visit takes place in a hospital outpatient location, you will be responsible for a Medicare Part B out-of-pocket co-insurance payment of approximately $25 for the hospital facility charge. Procedure charges or other testing could increase your out-of-pocket expense.
Understanding How Much My Visit Will Cost
It is your right to receive an estimate of the cost of your visit in advance of the visit. Please contact Partners Patient Billing Solutions (see below) at least two business days prior to your visit to get an estimate. Please have as many details as possible about the upcoming visit, including the provider name, location, and details of the planned service or procedure.
Please contact the Member Services department of your health insurance plan to verify your coverage and financial responsibility for Urgent Care services provided at any of the locations listed on this page. This phone number is usually located on your insurance card.
If Your Insurance Company Does Not Answer all of Your Questions, Please Contact Partners Patient Billing Solutions:
Patient Billing Solutions
399 Revolution Drive, Suite 410
Somerville, MA 02145–1462
Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM