Celebration: National Volunteer Week 2021
NOTICE: The Cooley Dickinson Hospice Shop is OPEN, with limited capacity. Face masks must be worn in the shop.
THRIFT SHOP HOURS (Posted 5/11/2021):
Sunday – Closed
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 10-4
We accept donations every day we’re open, right through the front door. Please keep in mind that we are a smaller shop and will, every once in a while, run out of space. It’s always a good idea to call if you’re traveling a distance with donations. ❤️
The Hospice Shop
When you donate your items to the Hospice Shop, your donation stays in the community, supporting family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers who need the love and care of our Hospice services.
The Hospice Shop of Northampton sells gently used, quality Women’s and Men’s clothing, shoes, purses, jewelry, household items, and more. Volunteers committed to the Hospice mission donate more than 5,400 hours annually to ensure that quality end-of-life care is available in our community.
When you drop off your donations, a tax receipt is available upon request.
We welcome gently used quality clothing and household items such as:
- Clothing – women’s and men’s gently used or new.
- Fashion Accessories—purses, wallets, scarves, hats, gloves and belts
- Art, Antiques, Vintage Clothing, and Collectibles
- CDs, DVDs, Vinyl Records in good condition
- Fabric and Yarn
- Greeting Cards
- Household Items – Home decor, pottery, tchotchkes…
- Kitchenware—pots, pans, dishes, flatware, glassware and serving pieces.
- Small household appliances
- Costume, antique, semi-precious and precious. We have fine jewelry routinely appraised.
- Linens – curtains, tablecloths, sheets, towels, and blankets (we cannot accept electric blankets, mattress pads or bed pillows)
- Musical Instruments
- Vintage Clothing and Accessories, and more.
There are a few things we can’t accept, such as items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards. If you’re looking to donate specialty items, it’s best to call us first to find out any rules or restrictions.
We Cannot Accept:
- Computer equipment
- Children’s toys, stuffed animals, car seats or cribs
- Food items
- Electric blankets, mattress pads or bed pillows
- TVs, VCRs, DVD players, stereo components and VCR tapes
- Large Items/Truckloads/Leftover Tag Sale Items (We’re a small but mighty shop.)
- Medical equipment – this includes walkers. Try your local senior center or Home Sweet Home Medical Equipment Recycling (ask for Tom 413-537-0322)
This list is subject to change.
Interested in Volunteering at the Hospice Shop? Contact Nancy Case, Hospice Shop Manager, at 413-586-0193.