NOTICE: Effective Monday, March 16, The Hospice Shop will be closed until further notice.
The Hospice Shop
When you donate your items to the Hospice Shop, your donation stays in the community, supporting family, friends, neighbors and co-workers who need the love and care of our Hospice Services.
The Hospice Shop sells donated, gently used quality clothing and household items at thrift store prices. Volunteers committed to the hospice mission donate more than 5,400 hours annually operating the Hospice Shop to ensure that quality end-of-life care is available in our community.
When you drop off your donations, a tax receipt is available upon request. Hang on to this receipt and you can claim a tax deduction for clothing and household items that are in good condition.
Cooley Dickinson wishes a Happy 30th Anniversary to The Hospice Shop.
We welcome gently used quality clothing and household items such as:
- Clothing – women’s and men’s new and gently used
- Fashion Accessories – purses, wallets, watches, scarves, hats, gloves and belts
- Art – antiques and collectibles
- CDs, DVDs, Vinyl Records in good condition (we cannot accept VCR tapes or cassettes)
- Fabrics and Yarn
- Greeting Cards and Gift Wrap
- Household Items – lamps, decorative items and pottery
- Housewares – pots, pans, dishes, flatware, glassware and serving pieces
- Small household appliances in working condition, contain all of their pieces & parts such as:
- Mixers, irons and coffee makers
- Jewelry – high on our wish list!
- Costume, antique, semi-precious and precious. We have fine jewelry routinely appraised.
- Linens – curtains, tablecloths, sheets, towels and blankets (we cannot accept electric blankets, mattress pads or bed pillows)
- Musical Instruments
- Vintage Clothing and Accessories
While we accept most clothing and household items, there are a few things we can’t accept – such as items that have been recalled, banned or do not meet current safety standards. If you’re looking to donate specialty items, it’s best to call us first to find out any rules or restrictions.
We Cannot Accept:
- Computer equipment
- Children’s toys, stuffed animals, car seats or cribs
- Food items
- Electric blankets, mattress pads or bed pillows
- TVs, VCRs, DVD players, stereo components and VCR tapes or cassettes
- Medical equipment – this includes walkers and canes. Try your local senior center or Home Sweet Home Medical Equipment Recycling (ask for Tom 413-537-0322)