Convenient, Compassionate Care
Comprehensive health care as unique as you.
Through every stage of their life’s journey, women in the Pioneer Valley turn to us for all aspects of their health care, including pregnancy and childbirth, midwifery services and gynecology care. We offer comprehensive, sensitive, and gender-affirming care no matter your stage of life or state of health.
Our staff of registered nurses and office professionals are available by phone every weekday between 8 AM and 5 PM to speak with you if you have questions or a problem that cannot wait until your next office visit. At all other times, providers are on call to address urgent matters.
Cooley Dickinson’s Childbirth Center is second to none and has been voted best in the Valley for the past three years by Valley Advocate readers. Plus, with Cooley Dickinson, the same experienced providers you see locally in our offices in Northampton and Amherst will attend the birth of your baby at our Childbirth Center.
Maternity and Pregnancy Services
In addition to providing routine maternity and pregnancy services and testing, our board-certified obstetricians, gynecologists and certified nurse midwives facilitate specialized services, including:
- Prenatal genetic testing and counseling
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Program, a partnership with Massachusetts General Hospital
- Midwifery services
From gynecologic surgery to treatments for menopause, the Women’s Health Care team make delivering quality care a top priority. Health and wellness services for you include
- Comprehensive gynecologic care
- Birth control
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination
- Disorders of the cervix; abnormal pap spears, and HPV
- Sexually transmitted infection counseling, testing and treatment
- Treatment of endometriosis, menstrual disorders, urinary incontinence
- Vaginal/vulvar diseases and disorders
Cooley Dickinson now offers fertility services, including preimplantation genetic testing, in vitro fertilization (IVF); egg, sperm and embryo freezing (cryopreservation). In addition, we offer fertility consultations, blood test, semen analysis, Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), and monitoring at our CDMG locations.
- Menopause treatment
- Hormone replacement therapy and natural alternatives
- Breast exams and referrals for imaging (imaging; ultrasound; MRI)
- Surgical referrals
- Management of osteopenia (low bone mass) and osteoporosis (thinning bones)
- Gynecologic ultrasound
- Obstetric ultrasound
The experienced physicians of Women’s Health perform a range of gynecologic surgeries. While many procedures may be done in the office setting, our providers also regularly perform more advanced surgeries at the Kittredge Surgery Center at Cooley Dickinson Hospital. We offer expertise in:
- Endometrial ablation
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy
- Permanent birth control and sterilization
- Surgical treatment of incontinence, fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, dropped uterus/bladder, sterilization
Certified esthetician Abby Arnold, NP, offers a variety of dermatological services customized for women. Abby performs:
- Skin care
- Hair removal
- Acne treatment