High School Summer volunteer program 2023
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at Cooley Dickinson this summer. We ARE planning to have volunteers join us this year.
Joining the Cooley Dickinson Summer High School Volunteer Program gives you the opportunity to learn about the hospital, help your community and explore your own interest in the health care field. Opportunities vary widely, so be sure to check off your interests on your application.
To begin the application process, download and complete the Summer High School Volunteer Program Packet, which includes:
- Summer High School Volunteer Application Form
- Volunteer Immunization Documentation Form
- Signed Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Two references
Please note the following important dates for the 2023 Summer High School Volunteer Program:
- Friday, May 19, 2023 — Application deadline
- Saturday, June 24, 2023, 12:30 to 5 pm — Mandatory Orientation
- Wednesday, July 5, 2023—8-week summer program begins (ends Friday, Aug. 25, 2023)
You must be able to volunteer for at least six of the eight weeks for at least three four-hour shifts per week (many teens volunteer for additional hours).
- A TB (tuberculosis) test will be required if you have not had one in the last year
- Full COVID vaccination is required
- You must be at least 15 years old by June 1, 2023