Help with your Hands, Heal with your Heart
Joining the Cooley Dickinson Summer High School Volunteer Program gives you the opportunity to learn about the hospital, help your community and explore your own interest in the health care field. Opportunities vary widely, so be sure to check off your interests on your application.
To begin the application process, we will require the following items:
- Completed High School Volunteer Application
- Proof of immunizations
- Signed Parental Consent Form
- Two references
Please note the following important dates for the 2019 Summer High School Volunteer Program:
- Monday, May 4, 2020 — Application deadline
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:30-5 p.m. — Mandatory Orientation (may change depending on last day of school)
- Monday, June 29, 2020— 8-week summer program begins (ends Friday, Aug. 21, 2020)
You must be able to volunteer for at least six of the eight weeks for at least three four-hour shifts per week. (Many teens volunteer for additional hours).
- A TB (tuberculosis) test will be required if you have not had one in the last year
- You must be at least 15 years old by June 1, 2020
High school students who wish to make a year-round commitment in the fall or spring should complete the general application on the Volunteer Overview page.